Thursday, February 18, 2016

008 - One Spoonful of Trouble by Nic Saint


No quote from the book for this one  or  lines that stood out to  me   because I am still trying to figure  out why I actually finished this book?  I got  it for free  from kindle because an ad showed up on  my  facebook  claiming that  the  mysteries of Belle & Whitehouse were the in the same realm as Stephanie Plum. I am always up for a good mystery and  if you can  be funny to boot? Totally  in.  We  have some funny scenes. Some cute  ones and I even  liked the  main character for the  most  part  to start with. Felicity  seemed  like a strong willed stubborn woman who  knew what she wanted from  life and was content with that.  But she quickly seemed to  turn  into a naive  girl who had no  real thought process  of her  own. No true  gut instinct so to speak. If someone was  nice to  her  they were  a good person but  if they turned around and had a cross word  for her they were  evil and she flip flopped with each mood swing  of each character.  It got old  quickly that she seemed unable to  read  people.

I could go on and on about how this book drove me nuts. There was no real mystery to speak of to  start with.  The chapters  seemed out of order and out of place at times. And while I do like  at  times when a book will give you more then one character's point  of view in the book there  is such a  thing as too many  different points of view. It all became to  jumbled and confusing  on  who you were following at any given  moment. 

I only gave  this one 2  stars. Mostly because there were some funny moments and some cute moments. It was a quick easy read but  I don't think I will  be  reading anymore in the series.

Currently reading: Best Friends Forever by Jennifer Weiner

I am currently 2 books ahead  of my 50 books goal. I have a feeling I may fall behind though  Best Friends Forever  is a fairly long book and I haven't decided on other one to start along side  it yet.

No comments:

Post a Comment