Sunday, January 10, 2016

001 - When You Return to Me (Short Story) by Dana Marton

This  was a free kindle  read that I came across and downloaded because it was  free(!) and said it was a short story. Admittedly that was my draw  to start  because I haven't been able to get into my 'reading mode' yet this year and I was hoping that a short story would  jump start me. At least  get me  back to 'on track' as I already fell behind. 
This is a short story that I have a feeling comes at the end  or at  least in the middle of the author's series (Broslin Creek) but  not having read any  of the other stories  doesn't take anything away from this sweet Christmas time story. 

You get a glimpse  into the life  of Maggie who has  lost her true  love Cam (Cameron) 4 years earlier to war. Her struggle  to still come to grasp with  the idea that everyone  believes him dead and gone but she just can't seem to bring her heart to  believe this.

Listen to the wind, it talks
Listen to the silence, it speaks
Listen to your heart, it knows. 

This was my first  read from this author and I enjoyed  it. I have  downloaded the 1st book in the series now to  read later :)  I gave it a goodreads  rating  of 4 out  of 5  

No comments:

Post a Comment